Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lulabelle the Klown

Lulabelle auditions to be a chair dancer

A few years ago, I was at the Anacortes Arts and Crafts Festival with my young son. We saw a performace of some of the performers from the Dream Science Circus, and decided to spend a few bucks and check it out. It was a pretty good show - lots of acrobatics and an intriguing story line (sort of like Cirque du Soleil, but not really at all).

Anyhow, one of the highlights that year was Lulabelle the Clown - she entertained the crowd outside the circus tent as we waited to go in, and then played a role in the evening's show. It was a really good time, and I have to say that Lulabelle is the reason I even considered looking twice at hula hoops...


Working the hooooola hoooops

She's a prime example of why I'm NOT afraid of clowns. She was awesome.


Lulabelle the Klown

I can't find a current website for her, though she is on the Dream Science Circus site. I don't know what she's up to these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment