Monday, September 19, 2011

Clown Motel

Last year about this time my husband and I were planning a trip to Las Vegas for a really fantastic music event, Matador 21. We decided to drive and camp along the way, but as I was researching our route I discovered -

THE CLOWN MOTEL!

Clown Motel, Tonopah Nevada

Tonopah Nevada is the home to the one and only Clown Motel. Should you ever find yourself in Tonopah, I highly recommend staying there. Rates were reasonable, it was clean, and did I mention there are clowns. LOTS of clowns. The only problem we had was that we were right next to the room with a variety of electronics and an ice machine, and it kept my husband awake. Other than that, it was a great place to stay! Here's a few of the highlights, mostly from the lobby of the motel.


I stood in the same room as this clown and lived to tell the tale


One last lovely bit of clown art...


Thwaak! OW!!!


Tonopah is an interesting old mining town, full of old buildings and other historical tidbits. We had a nice evening stroll up the street for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Another bonus to staying at the Clown Motel is the cemetery next door, if you're interested in such things. I AM.


Tonopah Cemetery


No comments:

Post a Comment